Greviilea robusta is very ornamental and fast-growing upright tree that is one of the easiest Grevillea's to grow. In this tree's native environment, it can grow to the 30 meters but in cultivation usually less than half that size. Fern like leaves with a slivery underside which are almost hidden by the masses of golden yellow orange flowers in late spring. Truly a spectacular tree in flower. Prized for its beautiful timber that is used in furniture making. Native to eastern Australia. Zones 9-11.
- Soak the seed in water for several hours.
- The seeds like moist, well-drained soil. Prepare a mixture of half potting soil and half sand, perlite or vermiculite. Put the soil in a pot. Water the mixture so that it is moist but not wet.
- Put the seeds on the soil.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil.
- Water the seeds.
- Place the pots in an area with warm temperatures in full sun or part shade. The seeds begin to germinate in 4-6 weeks.
- When the seedlings are a few inches tall, they can be transplanted.